viernes, 9 de diciembre de 2011

Old sketchbook drawings

I'm currently filling two sketchbooks, there's a third one half-way, a fourth that I was about to start using but decided not to because of all the others -I did draw a couple of things in it already- and a fifth one that it's still wraped because I want to save it for the last of the bunch (is like a giant sized moleskine, so I'm savouring all the others and letting this one as the chocolate bottom you find in a delicious ice-cream). Don't really know why... Sometimes I feel like a dog trying to carry four tennis balls at the same time.

Oh well!! Old sketchbook time!!

There was a time when I went and visit a lot this (almost always) empty bar where me beautiful friend GRMZ used to work. I sketched this in one of those visits.


I drew a similar chicken-rooster-whatever in one of the starbucks checks and just felt like drawing this... (respect the sock!)


After watching a Batman drawing somewhere, I thought "why does batman has those horn-like thingies?? I know that they are the ears of the bat, but is it really a recognizable part of the animal?". So I went for "Sharkman" using the same bat-mask idea (love the concept of adding "bat" to something, and is automatically property of mr Bat). He has a recognizable fin that according to me is a better symbol of shark than ears representing a bat... just sayin'. (I also think he would be a super gross cannibal)


Playing with random elements such as lettering, a girl in stripes, a sausage and a turtle. I like turtles.


Had this strange Idea for some time...


It's an octopus with a capitol R and coctail umbrellas, in case you didn't notice.


So, around a year ago (I think) someone came up with a way to make google translate beat box (press the "listen" button), and I thought it was a great excuse to do some (amateur) lettering.


Not really finished, a "sherlock holmes" robot.


Detail.


This is a short story of a drummer octopus I have in my head. Not showing scenes, only the character.




Subway sketch.


KGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG



Hope you like it!


No hay comentarios: